Wednesday, June 20, 2007

You Raised Me Up

A dear intercessor friend at church sent me this earlier today which I couldn't resist posting.

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus, our Lord." Romans 8:38,39

You Raise Me Up
Words and Music by: Brendon Joseph Graham, Rolf U. Loevland

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up: To more than I can be.

There is no life - no life without its hunger;
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;
But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up: To more than I can be.

© 2002 Universal - PolyGram International Publishing


Dear friends,

I greet you in the strong and perfect name of Jesus Christ, Rescuer, Lord, King and Rock of Ages. I have to tell you a little story about myself. On Wednesday evening I attended a function at my church, and got a ride with one of the pastors who lived out my way. We had a pleasant conversation home, and when I got to my gate I hopped out after a pleasant goodnight and thanks, started climbing the 4 steps to my front porch and - went flying!!! I fell with a great big splatt!!! right on my face, spread- eagled on my porch!! This poor man who had just been driving away must have jumped out of his vehicle while it was still running, inquiring if I was o.k. I had by now jumped up, and waving at him convinced him I was fine. He drove away(relieved, I think) and I sauntered into my house, where I couldn't stop groaning at the pain in my left kneecap and my scraped shins. My stubbed toes hurt too. And my pride will never recover!

I was thinking about this on Sunday morning while I was getting ready for church, promising that I'd avoid this particular pastor if I can. But you know what- it came to me that we all f all. My pastor came to help me here, but in the spiritual world where we are all on our faces down in the mud, only Jesus Christ can help us. So He jumped out of heaven, wearing a body like ours, to rescue us. Now most people, do what I did. "Oh I'm fine. I don't need rescuing" and they turn away from the Hand that seeks to save them and limp away, feeling the pains of their brokenness, and go hide in the dark. When we say "yes" to Him He lifts us up out of the mud and set us on our feet, firmly planted on the Rock which He is. His loving arms sustain us, and He mends our broken lives, washing the mud from us, giving us new, clean robes of righteousness and wraps us in His grace. More than that He makes us His very own, never to be ripped out of His love, giving us every security, and assurance when we learn to love and trust Him that He is our own. Amazing!

My sisters and brother, if you are not leaning on His everlasting arms you are still lyng in the mud, and need to be rescued, whether or not you know it or want it. He knows it too, and His arms are graciously proferred to help you up. Today, will you acknowledge that the mud is no place for you and reach for those arms of the only one who can save you? Today, will you say, "Yes, Lord Jesus, help me up. Raise me up. I'm broken and hurting and I need You only. Save me". He doesn't have to come from afar to do it. He's waiting right beside you for your call. Today, don't just walk away.

No comments: