Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Glimpses of Fruit

I can't believe how time has flown and its been such a while since I last wrote on my blog. Today is one of those days when I can barely contain myself as I see God is once again on the move and He has been so gracious to reveal glimpses of fruit that He has planted in peoples lives who either attended the Slaying The Giant Conference last September 2007 or the Seek Justice conference in 2006.

One of the prayers that our team prayed was that God would bring His chosen people to these conferences and that He would raise up people to respond and and take action to what they heard. It is no coincidence that as I begin this month of reflection to prepare for the Missionfest seminars on March 7th & 8th that, the Lord would give me the privilege of hearing what He has been doing in the hearts of others. This past weekend, I along with a friend and our youth pastor sat with 5 teens from our church who God has raised up with a heart and burden to do something about the travesty of Child Sex trafficking. We had a wonderful time of praying and sharing and we discussed about a young teen in the U.S by the name of Zach Hunter who wrote a book called Be The Change and who God has raised up as a modern day abolitionist. Zach has spoken to over half a million of people and established a campaign called Loose Change to Loosen Chains In the next few months, we are planning to study Zach's book with the youth and see where the Lord will lead them as we seek to mentor and encourage them to be the modern day William Wilberforces.

This morning when I opened my email, I saw a message from another teenager---an MK who used to attend my church but is now in India with her parents. She attended the Seek Justice conference in 2006 with her mum. I was so touched to hear what God is doing in her life. NR (her initials) emailed to ask for prayer as she is organizing a prayer group among her 'boarding school' friends this coming Thursday so that they can pray for the kids who are in the sex trade. she had emailed not only for prayer but was asking how she would encourage her fellow peers to get involved. I feel so privileged to be able to come along side these youth and in an ironic twist, the same verse that the Lord gave me two years ago from Isaiah 61:1-4--for the young girls who are caught in sex slavery actually applies to these youth. For God has laid on my heart to see these young women be 'a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor' as they are restored and become all whom He has destined them to be and as I think of the youth on this side of the pond who He is raising up as voices for the voiceless, my role is also to encourage them to fulfill their destiny and to see them be as well 'a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor.'

But it is not just youth He is raising up for later this evening, I got another email from two other people who attended the Slaying The Giant conference last September. As a result of what one gal learned at the conference, she is writing her thesis on Sex Trafficking in Cambodia and in May of this year she will be going over to Cambodia for 1 year to be an intern with one of our partner organizations. The other individual is another lady from the Anglican denomination. She called wanting to know how she could get involved. Her phone call was quite timely as I was in the midst of preparing a promotional email for all the justice events (see below) that are happening in March and so she is hoping to promote the events within her parish's newsletter.

All of this to say, that God is raising up a generation of people both young and old to speak up for those who have no voices. How I praise Him for these glimpses of fruit that He has planted and watered.

No comments: