Saturday, September 23, 2006

Stop The Traffik

As part of my 1 month silent retreat from my trip to Cambodia I've been spending the time reading, reflecting and researching. Despite the physical and mental fatigue from these annual trips, I love this 'down time' that I have to be quiet and sit still before the One who knows my thoughts even before I speak them out. This month of 'silence' has often been one in which I encounter more insights into what the Lord would have me do next. It is a time when my emotions while still raw from all I have seen, begin to develop into some tangible expressions that eventually or hopefully will lead to future action.

As I have been doing some research in preparation for a few upcoming speaking engagements its been neat to see how God is raising others around the globe to be involved in stopping Human trafficking. Today I came across this organization call Stop The Traffik. It turns out they are connected with one of the groups that I met with recently in Cambodia. Human Trafficking is after all tied into the whole issue of sexual exploitation for children. There definietly seems to be momentum as God is raising up people all over the world. Thank You Lord that You are close to those who are crushed in spirit!

No comments: