Thursday, September 06, 2007

Back Home

It's been 2 days since I've been back home and God has amazingly given me a fresh level of energy. I arrived back at 10pm on Monday evening and went to sleep at around 1:30am. Yesterday morning I awoke at around 9am and spent the initial morning unpacking and doing my laundry before meeting a friend for lunch. The Lord has been faithful in answering prayers as I have not suffered any jet lag at all. Praise God! We had the shortest flight back from Asia with flying time only 17.5 hours compared to my typical 26 to 28 hours flying. I am thankful for the extra energy as late yesterday I discovered some technical glitches with our online registration for the Slaying The Giant Conference. Overnight I prayed and others were praying too but the computer bug could not be located. Fortunately, one of my friends from church came to the rescue and help set up an alternative online registration template so we are now back on line. With about 3 1/2 weeks left before the conference there is much to do and I realize now how grateful I am that my trip to Cambodia was not too strenous.

Now the challenge is to process all that I have seen and heard and while I typically tend to lie low for the first month back from my annual Cambodia trips, this year I will not be able to afford that luxury. So I am praying that God would give me the ability to cultivate a sabbath heart and attitude despite the preparations I need to do for the upcoming conference and that He will redeem the time in order for me to hear His voice afresh.

1 comment:

Hamster said...

Welcome back, my friend. Glad to have you safely back and hear more of what the Lord has shown you during your most recent trip, and placed on your heart.

I'm praying for the conference, incl. all the logistical details related to it. Continue to remember that the Lord works on behalf of those who wait upon Him. And may your waiting be filled with much expectancy of what He will do in and through this event! To Him be the glory!